- Rite Aid Corp. selected Bank of America Merchant Services to process transactions at its 2,400 stores nationwide and on its Web site. BAMS processes under an agreement with First Data Corp., now part of Fiserv Inc., though the companies announced July 30 the collaboration will end next year.
- The 7-Eleven Inc. convenience-store chain has launched in New York City a checkout feature within its mobile app. The feature, which works on iOS and Android devices and ties into 7-Eleven’s rewards program, allows customers to scan product barcodes, pay with a stored card or mobile-payment service, and then scan a generated confirmation code at a dedicated station before leaving the store. The chain began testing the feature late last year in Dallas, where its headquarters is located.
- Point-of-sale software developer SuiteRetail, said it integrated PayPal Holdings Inc.’s Here with its system. PayPal Here enables in-store acceptance.
- Discover Global Network launched the Verve Global Card with Interswitch, a Nigerian card company. Verve can be used globally at merchants connected to Discover.
- The Federal Reserve appointed Ken Montgomery to head up development of its recently announced entry in real-time payments, FedNow. Montgomery will continue in his role as first vice president at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
Fiserv Inc. said this week its First Data unit has performed the first PIN-on-mobile contactless …