- Payrange Inc., a developer of mobile-payment applications for washers, dryers, and other machines, introduced its product for Speed Queen and Maytag laundry machines.
- Subscription-management platform provider Recurly Inc. said it will use international payments provider Adyen to further expand its global business.
- Cornerstone Bank became the 200th financial institution to adopt a mobile-banking app created by Computer Services Inc.
- The National Retail Federation said November’s retail sales increased 6% year over year and that online and other non-store sales grew 10.5% from November 2016’s levels. The numbers exclude automobiles, gasoline stations, and restaurants.
- Identification-technology provider Intellicheck Inc. hired former Citigroup Inc. fraud-control executive Andrew Cherry as business-development manager for financial services. Cherry also has worked for Bank of America, TD Bank, and Chase.
Experts have been saying that the payments business is hot, but few suspected it was …