- RealPage Inc., a vendor of software and data analytics to the real-estate business, has agreed to buy ClickPay, a payments processor for rent and other housing receivables, for $218.5 million in cash and stock. The deal is expected to close within the next six months.
- Infinicept, a company that offers services to payment facilitators, announced an underwriting-on-demand functionality that it says extends the underwriting process in the payment-facilitator model to merchant acquiring in general.
- Square Inc. has acquired Zesty, operator of a catering platform, and plans to combine it with its Caviar food-ordering operation. Terms were not announced.
- Retailer lender Synchrony Financial, whose products include proprietary and cobranded cards, reported $158 million in first-quarter interchange revenue, a 9% increase from $145 million a year earlier.
- Artificial Intelligence and Image Analysis (A2iA) said four large unnamed U.S. banks will use its a2ia CheckReader system to combat check fraud and risk.
- Alt Thirty Six, a blockchain-based payments platform for the cannabis industry, named Don Schroeder, formerly a payments consultant who also worked at companies now owned by First Data Corp. and Worldpay Inc., its chief architect. He will oversee development and maintenance of the company’s platform.
Apple Inc. on Monday is expected to make several major announcements, possibly including one regarding …