- American Express Co. released SafeKey 2.0, an online authentication tool that uses the EMVCo 3-D Secure 2.0 standard. The service will be available in spring 2018.
- Payline Data Services LLC announced that payment-processing technology company Pineapple Payments purchased Payline Data for an undisclosed amount. Payline Data has almost 10,000 merchants processing $2 billion in annual volume.
- Middleware provider Datacap Systems Inc. said it completed a second U.S. EMV level 3 certification with Vantiv Inc. that added support for more Ingenico Group point-of-sale terminals.
- Fidelity National Information Services Inc. (FIS) said its third-quarter financials were affected by the sale of its consulting business and expenses for a European debt offering; the processor reported quarterly net income of $61 million, down 67% from $185 million a year earlier, on revenues of $2.2 billion, down 5% from $2.31 billion.
- E-commerce services and payments provider Shopify Inc. processed $2.4 billion on its Shopify Payments platform in the third quarter, up 60% from $1.5 billion in the year-earlier quarter.
- ATM manufacturer and services provider Diebold Nixdorf Inc. reported a net loss of $35.4 million in the third quarter compared to a $102.3 million loss a year earlier, on sales of $1.12 billion, up 14% from $983.3 million in 2016’s third quarter.
- Digital remittance provider Remitly said it will raise up to $115 million in a Series D financing round led by PayU, a global payment service provider that is part of investment firm Naspers.
- Part two of the “2017 Data Vulnerability Report” from Intermedia, a business-services company, found the average ransom paid by ransomware victims is $1,400.
Television streaming service Hulu LLC says it now accepts PayPal Holdings Inc.’s Venmo peer-to-peer payment …