- Independent sales organization Payroc LLC launched RewardPay and CashRewards, programs aimed at offering merchants card-network-compliant services for surcharging and cash discounts at the point of sale.
- A report from Transaction Network Services Inc. shows 26% of survey respondents in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia who own a voice assistant have used it to make a payment. Based on that result, it projects that the market for voice payments in those countries could be more than 2 billion users by 2023, given a projected installed base of 8 billion devices by then. Nearly three quarters of the respondents, however, said security concerns would stop them from engaging in voice commerce. The survey canvassed more than 3,000 adults across the three countries.
- Eleven payments associations representing more than 10,000 financial institutions and businesses launched the Center for Payments to help the industry keep abreast of shifts in technology and strategy.
- Comdata, a unit of Fleetcor, has worked with payments provider Global Exchange Network to develop a platform that enables law firms specializing in patent law to make electronic payments to the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Mastercard Inc. acquired Vyze Inc., a provider of technology allowing merchants to manage transactional credit at the point of sale. Terms were not disclosed.
- In related news, Mastercard announced a new rewards structure for its World Mastercard and World Elite Mastercard products, including new benefits with everyday merchants and, starting July 1, enhanced ID-theft solutions and cell-phone insurance.
- Cross-border remittances handled by blockchain will grow from 119 million this year to 1.3 billion by 2023, a compounded annual growth rate of 82%, according to a new report from Juniper Research.
- Point-of-sale equipment maker Touch Dynamics released the Atlas All-in-One touchscreen terminal.
Total System Services Inc. (TSYS) late on Tuesday said it has now deployed “thousands” of …