- Steven A. Rathgaber, who has been chief executive of ATM-networking firm Cardtronics plc since 2010, will retire at the end of the year and will be succeeded by Edward H. West, currently chief financial officer and chief operations officer, the company announced. Rathgaber came to Cardtronics from the NYCE electronic funds transfer network, where he was president and chief operating officer.
- Independent sales organization Payroc LLC launched its iTransact Mobile Merchant mobile point-of-sale app for iOS and Android devices. A Bluetooth-enabled card reader with EMV chip and magnetic-stripe acceptance is available, too.
- Glance Technologies Inc. has agreed to provide its Glance Pay mobile-payment app at The Ricky’s Group of Family Style Restaurants, which embraces 90 locations in Canada. More than 230 merchant locations have signed up to use the Glance Pay app since its launch 11 months ago.
- Squire, a startup independent software vendor that has created a mobile app for barbers and their customers, has partnered with payment gateway Payworks for payment acceptance.
- First Data Corp. has agreed to sponsor Kyle Larson and the No. 42 Chevrolet SS team for two Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Talladega Superspeedway and Martinsville Speedway. The agreement expands on a similar NASCAR relationship First Data formed last year.
- CreditCards.com said 35% of U.S. consumers have been enrolled in auto-pay programs without realizing it. Upon discovering the auto pay, 89% deactivated the payment.
- Shufersal, said to be the largest supermarket chain in Israel, has selected the MX 925 point-of-sale device from VeriFone Systems Inc. for its 3,500 attended and self-checkout lanes.
Zelle on Saturday was set to run the first spots in its initial national mass-media …