- Parking management and payments provider ParkWhiz acquired CodiPark, an Israeli firm whose app allows users to pay for a parking space when they drive up to a garage, a function that adds to ParkWhiz’s pre-booking app. Terms were not announced.
- POSaBIT Ltd., a financial-technology company specializing in digital currency at the point of sale, said it is expanding its service for cannabis merchants to Colorado, California, and Nevada.
- Karma Payment launched a service to help nonprofit organizations with their payment acceptance.
- Global Blockchain Technologies Corp. said it is working with Playboy Enterprises Inc. on the development of a Playboy-branded digital wallet.
- The Smart Payment Association released an analysis paper on biometrics and EMV cards.
- The Retail Solutions Providers Association named Kathy Meader vice president of member-education services. Meader previously worked at Radiant Systems, which was purchased by NCR Corp., and software developer Aptean.
- The Columbus Citizens Foundation named First Data Corp. president Guy Chiarello as grand marshal of the 74th Columbus Day Parade in New York City.
Walmart shoppers who have access to Apple Pay and have a payment preference are twice …