- Parking management and payments provider ParkWhiz acquired CodiPark, an Israeli firm whose app allows users to pay for a parking space when they drive up to a garage, a function that adds to ParkWhiz’s pre-booking app. Terms were not announced.
- POSaBIT Ltd., a financial-technology company specializing in digital currency at the point of sale, said it is expanding its service for cannabis merchants to Colorado, California, and Nevada.
- Karma Payment launched a service to help nonprofit organizations with their payment acceptance.
- Global Blockchain Technologies Corp. said it is working with Playboy Enterprises Inc. on the development of a Playboy-branded digital wallet.
- The Smart Payment Association released an analysis paper on biometrics and EMV cards.
- The Retail Solutions Providers Association named Kathy Meader vice president of member-education services. Meader previously worked at Radiant Systems, which was purchased by NCR Corp., and software developer Aptean.
- The Columbus Citizens Foundation named First Data Corp. president Guy Chiarello as grand marshal of the 74th Columbus Day Parade in New York City.
Stripe, the San Francisco-based online payments company, is taking a step to get inside stores. …