- Fifty-nine percent of consumers cited the ability to pay quickly as a reason they use peer-to-peer payments apps, according to a survey of more than 380 consumers from Tallwave, a digital-services firm. More than 65% have used PayPal and 37% have used Venmo, PayPal’s P2P payment service.
- Verifi Inc. launched its Self-Service Chargeback Representment service to help merchants manage their chargebacks.
- First Data Corp. released Authorization Optimization, a service to help merchants manage authorization rates for card-on-file transactions.
- Airline-owned payment network UATP said it can now offer an installment-payment service from Uplift to its travel partners directly within their travel-booking process.
- The Independent Community Bankers Association of America said processor Jack Henry & Associates Inc.’s ProfitStars subsidiary now offers its Ensenta remote deposit capture service to ICBA members.
Independent sales organization Pineapple Payments announced it acquired rival Card Champ. Both ISOs are based …