August 30, 2016
• Shift4 Corp. announced it is among the first payment gateways to introduce a software update to support the various quick-chip solutions from the major payment brands for faster EMV chip card transactions.
• Uber and Visa Inc. launched Uber Local Offers, a program that enables Uber riders to earn discounted rides by using the same Visa credit card on file with Uber at local merchants.
• USA Technologies Inc. said it is linking 1,800 vending, coffee, and micro-market machines belonging to VendPro Refreshment Services to USAT's content and payment platform.
• Merchant-services provider iPayment Inc. has integrated a customer-service platform from Zendesk Inc.
• Bluefin Payment Systems announced the availability of the S300 and S500 payment devices from PAX Technologies on Bluefin's PayConex platform
• Oberthur Technologies introduced its Flybuy technology for wearable payments, including the contactless Flybuy Mini Fob and the Flybuy Secure Element.
• Processor JetPay Corp. promoted Michael Collester to chief operating officer; Collester most recently was president of JetPay's Langhorn, Pa., location and came to JetPay when it acquired the company he founded, ACI Merchant Systems LLC, in 2014.
SPECIAL FEATURERead Digital Transactions Online