February 13, 2017
• Canada-based RDM Corp., a maker of point-of-sale check scanners and developer of remote deposit capture software, has agreed to be acquired by check printer Deluxe Corp. for approximately $70 million U.S. in cash.
• TA Associates, a private-equity firm, announced an investment in Retriever Medical/Dental Payments LLC, a payments provider for 15,000 physician, dental, and veterinary practices. Terms were not disclosed.
• Apriva has agreed to provide a payments gateway for a campus vending service from Parlevel, a provider of vending technology.
• Online small-business lender OnDeck has arranged to offer loans and lines of credit through Wave, a provider of financial services and software, in a service dubbed "Lending by Wave."
• Prepaid processor Blackhawk Network Holdings Inc. introduced a rebate-processing solution that lets utility providers offer consumer rebates and rewards on purchases of in-home service or HVAC or energy-efficient product installation.
• Payment gateway USAePay released its Payment Engine middleware service that provides payments-integration tools for developers.
• MoniMobile, a mobile app from Hyosung for ATM operators and distributors as well as merchant deployers, has added 700 accounts and 1,200 ATMs since its launch in June.
• HTx Services, an ATM maintenance-services company, has appointed former Diebold Inc. executive Brad Browder as its new chief executive officer.
• Apple Inc. continues to struggle to introduce Apple Pay in Australia. The latest update is that a group of four Australian banks said they want to negotiate with Apple over access to the near-field communication technology on iPhones, having rejected Apple's claim the issue is about fees for the service.
SPECIAL FEATURERead Digital Transactions Online