March 20, 2017
• Money transfer firm MoneyGram International Inc. said last week's unsolicited $1 billion bid from Euronet Worldwide Inc., outdoing Ant Financial Services Group's $880 million offer in January, meets the "company superior proposal" definition in the merger agreement with Ant. The determination means MoneyGram can further consider the Euronet offer.
• Private-label and cobranded credit card provider Synchrony Financial announced the purchase of GPShopper, a mobile app developer. Synchrony Financial first invested in the company in 2015. GPShopper developed Synchrony Financial's app plug-in that enables retailers' credit cardholders to shop, redeem rewards, and manage their payments using their smart phones. Terms were not disclosed.
• E-commerce shopping cart provider 3dcart announced an integration with Square Inc., enabling merchants to use Square for their payment processing.
• E-commerce platform provider BigCommerce announced it is supporting Amazon Pay for the more than 50,000 businesses that use its services. The company has also joined the Amazon Pay Global Partner program to allow merchants to add Amazon Pay to their existing Web sites quickly.
• Commerce-technology startup Omnyway (which until recently was known as OmnyPay) has introduced a feature that allows consumers to buy products directly from merchants' ads with a single click, or "zap."
• IBM Corp. said it and SecureKey Technologies are working on a digital identity service using IBM Blockchain. Now in tests in Canada, the service enables consumers to control what identifying information they share that organizations can use to validate their identities.
• U.S. Bank says it is the first financial institution to offer support on Apple Pay, Android Pay, and Samsung Pay for Visa corporate card transactions.
• Priority Holdings Inc., parent company of Priority Payments, named Cindy O'Neill as president of its commercial-payments division, Priority B2B. Previously, O'Neill worked at Visa Inc., Wells Fargo Co., Wachovia, and Bank of America Corp.
SPECIAL FEATURERead Digital Transactions Online