March 14, 2017
• Point-of-sale system maker E la Carte Inc. launched the PrestoPrime EMV Terminal designed for pay-at-the-table use. In addition to chip-card acceptance, the device also works with contactless payments, such as Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Android Pay, and Quick Response code-based services.
• Visa Inc. said StubHub users soon will be able to use Visa Checkout to pay for StubHub purchases. Various promotions, such as access to seat upgrades when using Visa Checkout, are planned, too.
• POS system maker ShopKeep said it purchased ChowBOT, an online ordering application, for an undisclosed amount. ShopKeep expects the service to be available to its customers in 2018.
• TouchTunes, which offers interactive music and entertainment systems to bars and restaurants, will market point-of-sale systems from merchant processor and payments-technology provider Harbortouch Payments LLC to existing and prospective clients.
• Payments provider EVO Payments International is using Smart Communications' software for agreement and statement processing for merchants, Smart Communications said.
• Mastercard Inc. named Randall Tucker as chief inclusion officer. Tucker, who most recently worked as senior director of inclusion and diversity at Darden Restaurants Inc., succeeds Donna Johnson, chief diversity officer, who recently retired.
• Payments provider i2c Inc. appointed Peg Johnson as executive vice president of global client success to oversee global operations of its client services and customer-service organizations. Prior to joining i2c, Johnson worked at First Data Corp.
SPECIAL FEATURERead Digital Transactions Online