April 18, 2017
• Wireless payments specialist Apriva announced a new vending payment product for Canada that enables contactless payments and chip card transactions.
• Point-of-sale equipment and services distributor POS Portal announced that it and processor Vantiv Inc. have simplified the equipment-distribution process for merchants, value-added resellers, and independent software vendors using the processor's services.
• Credit-union service organization PSCU announced that State Employees Credit Union in North Carolina renewed a credit card processing agreement that was originally signed in 1996. SECU has more than 310,000 credit card accounts. PSCU also supports the credit union's gift card program.
• Restaurant point-of-sale system provider Guest Innovations Inc. released Rezku POS, an iPad-based system.
• Point-of-sale equipment maker Star Micronics released the SM-L300 portable printer that uses Bluetooth to connect to mobile devices.
• The ATM Industry Association released a paper entitled "Actual versus Perceived Risks of Money Laundering at White-Label ATMs in Canada."
• Payments-technology provider Cardtek announced an international growth strategy that also includes a new management team. Turgut Güney, who has held various banking roles, is the new chief executive officer.
• John Crouch has joined merchant processor JetPay Corp. as chief information officer. Most recently, Crouch was U.S. CIO at EVO Payments International.
• Strategic Resource Management Inc., a contract advisory firm, hired Ken Hayes as senior vice president of strategic solutions. Hayes had worked at Mastercard Inc. and Concord EFS.
SPECIAL FEATURERead Digital Transactions Online