May 4, 2016
• Retailer Kohl’s says customers can now pay for purchases using their Kohl’s Charge accounts and earn points in its Yes2You Rewards program in approximately 250 stores with a single tap using Apple Pay. Kohl’s expects national availability later this month. Kohl’s says it is the first retailer to offer a one-tap checkout for a private-label credit card and loyalty transaction with Apple Pay.
• In an effort to cut expenses, health insurer Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois said that beginning June 1 it will no longer accept credit card payments from members who buy their own insurance on or off the Illinois marketplace.
• Wire-transfer leader The Western Union Co. reported 63.7 million consumer-to-consumer transactions in the first quarter, up 3% from a year earlier, while consumer-to-business revenues fell 1% to $156.1 million as reported but were up 12% on a constant-currency basis.
• Processor Jack Henry & Associates Inc. reported net income of $53.9 million for the third quarter of fiscal 2016 ended March 31, up 6% from $50.7 million a year earlier, on revenues of $333.2 million, up 8% from $309.7 million.
• Point-of-sale terminal maker Equinox Payments said its Apollo line of terminals now supports merchant acquirer JetPay Payment Services’ Limitless program, which provides unlimited processing to merchants for a flat monthly fee.
• E-commerce shopping cart provider 3dcart said it now offers payment-processing services from Vantiv Inc. to more than 20,000 online stores.
SPECIAL FEATURERead Digital Transactions Online