January 4, 2017
• Processor and retail ATM operator Payment Alliance International acquired Avery Scott LLC, operator of 400 ATMs in the Louisville, Ky., area. PAI, whose network has more than 74,000 ATMs, will retain Avery Scott's employees and affiliates. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
• E-commerce marketplace Shop.com has contracted with processor World First USA Inc. to handle exchange services in 140 currencies for it sellers.
• Payments-software provider ACI Worldwide Inc. announced it will provide fraud-protection services for the national payments switch in Kuwait.
• Payment-gateway provider Shift4 Corp. has announced three executive promotions: Daniel Montellano to vice president of strategic business development; Brett Williams to director of business development; and Andrew Gutshall to director of industry relationships.
• In the latest expansion of its public-policy staff, the Electronic Transactions Association hired Philip "PJ" Hoffman as director of regulatory affairs; Hoffman comes to the payments-industry trade group from Pepper Hamilton LLP, where he counseled banking and fintech clients about consumer financial-services issues, payments, and state and federal regulatory issues. Hoffman also served as the regulatory affairs counsel at the National Association of Federal Credit Unions.
SPECIAL FEATURERead Digital Transactions Online