- Payments provider North American Bancard Holdings LLC said it is integrating its capabilities with retail-management and point-of-sale software provider Vend. The joint service will be available to retailers through NAB’s resellers.
- Digital Debit Group, a unit of Qondado LLC, released a Quick Response code-based app for iOS and Android devices that enables consumers to link their PayPal Holdings Inc. accounts to the app to make transactions with PayPal funds.
- Tower Payments launched a high-risk merchant-account education and payment-gateway program for e-commerce merchants that offer adult-themed products.
- ATM network operator Cardtronics plc said First National Bank of Omaha will put its brand on 146 Cardtronics-owned ATMs in Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, and Texas under a new branding agreement. Many of the ATMs are located in CVS, Walgreens, Loaf ’N Jug, and Kwikshop stores. FNBO through an earlier contract also participates in Cardtronics’ Allpoint surcharge-free ATM network.
- Cross-border business-to-business payments provider Bill.com said it eliminated wire-transfer fees for businesses making payments in local currencies on its International Payments platform, which the company introduced last summer.
- American Express Co. appointed eComm Merchant Solutions as a payments aggregator for AmEx card acceptance in Europe.
- Mobile-payments provider Bango appointed telecommunications veteran Paul Larbey chief operating officer.
- Payments-services company Harland Clarke named Chris Sibila senior vice president of product management, payments services. Sibila previously worked at Elements Financial Federal Credit Union, Citibank, and Fifth Third Bank.
The Federal Reserve announced the 22 members of its new Fraud Definitions Work Group, another …