- MyPinPad, a provider of technology enabling PIN entry on off-the-shelf mobile devices, said it has been granted certification from the PCI Security Standards Council for its software-based PIN entry on a Commercial off-the-shelf (SPoC) product for iOS.
- Shift4 Payments Inc., which filed for a proposed public offering in December, said it completed certification with Ingenico Group’s Telium Tetra point-of-sale terminal.
- Lightspeed POS Inc., a Canada-based payments provider serving nearly 57,000 merchants, said it has agreed to acquire Gastrofix, a cloud-based provider of hospitality software in Germany, for $61 million (U.S.) in cash plus issuance of more than 1.4 million Lightspeed subordinate voting shares at $28.16 per share.
- MailMyStatements, a billing and payments company for the health-care industry, released EasyAdmin, a new billing and payments portal allowing clients to manage all patient statements and payments via a single interface.
- Escalent, a human-behavior and data-analytics firm, announced it acquired financial-services advisory firm Javelin Strategy & Research from Greenwich Associates. The transaction closed on Dec. 30. Terms were not disclosed. Javelin will retain its current office and branding.
- Payment processor and ATM services provider Euronet Worldwide Inc. said it will provide Standard Chartered PLC with cloud-based dynamic currency-conversion services at approximately 1,000 ATMs in 14 countries in Asia-Pacific and the Middle East. Standard Chartered is based in London but has extensive banking operations abroad.
- Nacha, the governing body for the automated clearing house system, said Joe W. Hussey, managing director at JPMorgan Chase & Co., was elected chair by its board of directors. Six others also began terms as Nacha directors on Jan. 1.
- Fraud-prevention firm Vesta hired Leo Khan as chief marketing officer. Khan joins Vesta having been with Signifyd as head of enterprise marketing.
- ATM operator Paramount Management Group LLC named Jim Weber director of operations. Weber had been vice president of operations at Payment Alliance International.
- Payments provider Klarna Bank AB appointed former Walt Disney Co. executive Francine Ereira general manager for Australia and New Zealand.
Two big trends in payments, mass-transit ticketing and advanced authentication technology, could come together soon …