- Mastercard Inc. announced that consumers shopping on BJs.com, the e-commerce site for BJ’s Wholesale Club Inc., now can use its Masterpass digital wallet as a payment method.
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. reported that it processed $316.3 billion in merchant payment volume in the first quarter, up 15% from $274.3 billion a year earlier. Credit and debit card sales volume in Chase’s portfolios grew 11% to $232.4 billion.
- American Express Co.’s new branding campaign includes a slightly updated logo, the company’s first refresh of its Blue Box in decades, according to Quartz.
- Automated clearing-house governing body NACHA announced First Data Corp. as a preferred partner for digital-commerce ACH enablement.
- Financial-services platform provider Stash Financial Inc. said it will offer mobile-banking services to its customers through Green Dot Corp.’s Green Dot Bank that also include debit cards and free ATMs.
- Santander launched Santander One Pay FX, which the Spanish banking giant calls the first blockchain-based international money-transfer service. The service uses xCurrent, a distributed-ledger technology owned by Ripple Labs. One Pay FX initially is available in Spain, the United Kingdom, Poland, and Brazil.
Payments gurus for years have touted benefits like faster transactions, improved security, and associated rewards …