- Mastercard Inc. introduced a so-called sonic brand identity, including a melody that will play when users deploy Mastercard in physical, digital, or voice commerce.
- Wells Fargo & Co. said late Thursday that its ATMs were back in service after an outage affected the bank’s ATMs, online and mobile banking services, and account-access systems.
- NCR Corp., which bought merchant processor JetPay Corp. in December, said its ATM revenues grew 26% in the fourth quarter on a constant-currency basis as the company ramped up production and chipped away at order backlogs.
- Leading wire-transfer provider The Western Union Co. reported fourth-quarter consumer-to consumer revenues declined 1% as reported but rose 1% on a constant-currency basis. Transactions grew 4%. C2C volume generated 80% of the company’s $1.4 billion in quarterly revenue.
- Euronet Worldwide Inc., which owns the Ria and other money-transfer brands, reported $274.1 million in money-transfer revenues in the fourth quarter, up 15% from a year earlier as reported and 17% on a constant-currency basis.
It was a rough 2018 for leading ATM network operator Cardtronics plc, but the company’s …