- Mastercard Inc. named Paul Stoddart, who had been CEO of Vocalink after Mastercard acquired the U.K.-based real-time payments firm in 2017, as president, New Payment Platforms, effective March 1. Stoddart will oversee development of Mastercard’s real-time capabilities beyond traditional card-based services, including Vocalink, the Homesend joint venture, and Mastercard Send. He succeeds David Yates, who will move into an advisory role focused on real-time national and cross-border payment strategies.
- Dollar Car Rental amended its debit card policy to only require a debit card and driver’s license for rentals booked more than 24 hours in advance. It also lowered the incidental hold amount from $350 to $200 for both debit and credit card rentals. The new policy also eliminated credit checks, lowered the renter age restriction from 25 to 20 years old, and reduced proof-of-return travel and ID requirements.
- Merchant processor Paysafe Group and @YourGate LLC, provider of the AtYourGate mobile app for food and product deliveries within airports, said more than 40,000 airport users have used the app for 18,000 delivery orders within the past year. The app runs on PaySafe’s Golo delivery platform and is available at the three major New York City airports and San Diego’s. It recently became available to employees at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, with more airports to come.
- Merchant-financing provider Rapid Advance rebranded as Rapid Finance.
- Auriemma Consulting Group said that 67% of issuers plan to introduce contactless cards within the next few years. Currently, just 22% of credit card issuers offer them.
- E-commerce fraud specialist Forter said online travel agency Priceline will use its services.
- Aite Group released a research note on U.S. person-to-person payments that found, among other results, 57% of consumers made a P2P payment in 2017.
- NetCents Technology Inc. said it integrated its platform in the N5 point-of-sale terminal from ExaDigm Inc.
- Fintech provider ModoPayments LLC named Ryan Lee chief product officer. Lee formerly worked at Apple Inc., Visa Inc., and Turvo Inc., a logistics firm.
GoCardless Ltd., a London-based company specializing in handling international recurring payments, such as subscriptions, is …