- Point-of-sale system maker Lightspeed debuted Lightspeed Payments, a service for in-store and e-commerce payments. The service unifies a merchant’s card-present and card-not-present transaction data into one reporting location within the Lightspeed POS software. Regardless of the card type, merchants pay 2.6% plus 10 cents per card-present payment and 2.6% plus 30 cents per CNP transaction.
- UATP, the airline-owned payment network, said its 2018 charge volume increased 9% over 2017. The average UATP transaction value increased 2.4% to $464.
- Digital-payments provider Delego has teamed with e-commerce software vendor Corevist to offer an integrated e-commerce checkout for manufacturers that allows them to accept payment types ranging from e-checks, automated clearing house, and credit cards to digital wallets to PayPal, Apple Pay, and Alipay.
- Ocean Tomo LLC, an intellectual property advisory and management firm, said it will auction two mobile payments-related patents on its Ocean Tomo Bid-Ask Market.
- Paysafe Group said it will issue Visa prepaid cards to businesses and consumers in Europe under a partnership with the card brand. Paysafe will have status as a principal member of the card network.
- In a test, Samsung Electronics Co. is making overseas wire transfers available through its Samsung Pay mobile-payments service in 17 countries, including the U.S., according to South Korean press reports. The test is beginning with two Korean money-transfer operators.
- The Western Union Co. said its digital money-transfer service has been integrated within a mobile app from kakaobank, a South Korean mobile-first bank.
- Bluefin Payment Systems LLC named Philip M. Dolan chief marketing officer. Dolan has worked at The Coca-Cola Co., Colgate-Palmolive, Waystar, and Heineken.
- First American Payment Systems LP named Sarah L. Adams vice president of global product. Adams previously worked at Paysafe and held other positions at POS Portal, Capital One, and Aperia Solutions.
Corporate treasurers can identify numerous use cases for real-time or otherwise faster payments, but they …