- Installment-payments provider Klarna said it added 60,000 merchants to its network in 2019. More than 190,000 merchants offer Klarna as a payment option now. The number of monthly U.S. active users of the Klarna app, which enables them to shop with any store or brand online, increased almost 160% from July through September.
- Core-banking software provider Data Center Inc. agreed to link its iCore360 software to the Real Time Payments network from The Clearing House Payments Co. LLC. The connection is expected to bring the RTP network to hundreds of community banks, according to the parties.
- Foreign-currency exchange provider Travelex signed an agreement with Transaction Network Services that expands the number of card brands Travelex will accept at its 1,050 ATMs.
- Coupon-code search engine CouponFollow launched a rewards program for its Cently tool, a browser extension that automatically seeks out and applies coupons from online merchants. With the rewards program, Cently users can earn up to 40% cash back on purchases, often in combination with coupon discounts. PayPal Holdings Inc. is buying CouponFollow rival Honey Science Corp. for $4 billion.
- Payments provider SphereCommerce LLC joined the PCI Security Standards Council as a participating organization.
PCI Pal, a payments provider for contact centers and other card-not-present businesses, launched PCI Pal …