- In an effort to help modernize New York City’s taxi fleet, Curb Mobility has introduced two new tablet initiatives, Dash and Ryde. Dash is a tablet-based digital meter, while Ryde is a customer-facing tablet that links to the Dash meter and provides in-cab entertainment. The new services add to Curb’s existing ride-hailing, shared-ride, and mobile-payment capabilities.
- Ingenico Group says its Axium D7 ECR-POS point-of-sale terminal has won Google Mobile Services certification, making it the first such device to meet Google’s requirements.
- Remote-payments technology provider USA Technologies Inc. priced its secondary stock offering at $11 per share, generating $69.6 million for the company in gross proceeds before underwriting expenses. USA Technologies sold 6.33 million shares while other sellers participating in the offering sold 553,187 shares, generating $6.1 million in gross proceeds for them.
- The U.S. Supreme Court’s recent decision to leave legalization of sports betting up to the states could offer opportunities for fledgling blockchain businesses, a report says.
- Some 371 Virginia ABC stores have updated their terminals and are now accepting Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, and “other near-field communication (NFC) technology-enabled apps,” the company said.
- Apple Inc. is expected next month to announce it is extending near-field communication capability in its phones beyond Apple Pay to other applications, such as unlocking doors, in a move that could boost consumer adoption of the technology.
- Visa Inc. suspended its advertising featuring Morgan Freeman following accusations against the actor of sexual harassment.
- Unattended-payments processor On Track Innovations Ltd. said its European unit, OTI Europa ASEC, has won a contract to support train ticketing at some 84 vending machines for a railroad in Poland.
Sionic Mobile Announces Single Account Service and other Digital Transactions News briefs from 11/14/18
Sionic Mobile, a provider of payment and rewards technology, announced a single account through which …