- Payments provider Pineapple Payments said it has acquired a merchant portfolio from Paystri, an integrated-payments technology provider, and entered into a partnership with the firm. The size of the acquisition was not disclosed.
- Global e-commerce sales volume on Cyber Monday grew 21.5% in terms of value over Cyber Monday in 2018, outpacing sales on Black Friday, which saw 8.4% growth year-over-year, according to eShopWorld, a provider of cross-border commerce services. In terms of number of transactions, Cyber Monday saw an 11.2% increase, while Black Friday registered a rise of 1.8%, the company said.
- SciPay, a payment service for suppliers of pharmaceutical research-and-development services, has been created through a partnership of cloud-based finance platform Kyriba and Scientist.com, an R&D marketplace.
- The Secure Payments Partnership, a coalition of retail trade groups and some PIN-debit networks, released a 55-page report criticizing EMVCo, the standards body owned by the six global payment card networks, claiming EMVCo has ignored security innovations while thwarting network competition. EMVCo could not immediately be reached for comment.
- PayByPhone, a mobile-payment service for parking, entered the Atlanta market, where its users can access more than 2,700 on-street spaces. The service claims more than 30 million registered users overall, with annual volume of 105 million transactions totaling $500 million in value.
- Business credit-rating firm S&P Global announced the acquisition of 451 Research LLC, a technology-focused research and advisory firm that includes financial services in its purview. Terms were not disclosed.
- Mercator Advisory Group Inc. released its “2019 ATM Benchmark Market Report.”
Chargebacks911 released a set of tips for retailers about managing buy-online, pickup-in store fraud.VersaPay Corp., a …