- Payments provider i3 Verticals Inc. reported revenue of $84.5 million in its fiscal third quarter ended June 30, a 27.5% increase from $66.3 million a year ago. It had a loss of $655,000, compared with net income of $887,000 last year. This marks the first earnings results for the company since going public in June. Integrated payments accounted for 43% of the company’s payment volume in the quarter.
- Processor JetPay Corp. reported second-quarter revenue of $15.2 million, a 12.6% increase from $13.5 million in the year-ago quarter. Net income of $1.5 million reversed a $1.2 million loss last year. In the second quarter, JetPay said it boarded more than 600 new merchants under a contract with the state of Illinois, including the Chicago Public Schools, and it added more than 30 reselling partners, including independent sales organizations, independent software vendors, agents, and financial institutions.
- Merchant processor PaymentCloud Inc. said it is moving its headquarters to another location in Sherman Oaks, Calif., to accommodate growth.
- Transaction-technology company Thales said the acceptance period for its all-cash offer for Gemalto, an identity-technology firm, originally announced in March, has been further extended as the parties continue to seek regulatory clearances in various countries. The parties now expect to complete the merger by the end of the year. The deal had previously been extended to Aug. 15.
- Payments provider CCBill launched its Integration Partners Marketplace, which gives participants access to software and business services.
In a time when criminal access to consumer data has never been more common, merchants …