- HSBC Bank USA N.A. has made a real-time payments service, via The Clearing House Payments Co. LLC, available to its commercial and institutional clients. HSBC said these clients have been able to receive real-time payments since July and now can send them. HSBC expects to roll out the service to its consumer customers by early 2020.
- Wells Fargo & Co. announced an application programming interface that allows corporate customers to send payments in real time through The Clearing House’s real-time payments (RTP) network. Wells at the end of last year enabled retail and wholesale clients to receive payments via the RTP network.
- Integrated-payments technology provider Rev19 LLC announced it has acquired Renaissance Associates, a merchant-service provider, and payments-technology provider and processor PurePayments LLC. Terms were not announced. With the acquisitions, Rev19 will have 4,000 merchant clients and process approximately $1.2 billion annually.
- Department-store operator Macy’s Inc. reported that an unauthorized party on Oct. 7 placed software code on two Macys.com pages that could have captured payment card data, including account numbers and card-security codes, and other customer information. Macy’s said the malware was removed on Oct. 15, the day the company discovered it.
- EMVCo, the standards body for chip cards and related transactions, has enhanced its Associates Programme, increasing the number of organizations that are eligible to participate and allowing for the creation of specific merchant and industry group participation categories.
- Some 47% of consumers have reported a billing or payment issue relative to an encounter with a health-care provider, and only one-third reported feeling confident their health-care bill was accurate, according to a survey of 1,000 U.S. consumers by Salucro, a provider of health-care payment technology.
- Family-restaurant chain Denny’s selected hospitality-technology provider Presto to provide a pay-at-table capability via tabletop tablets. The Denny’s system includes more than 1,700 locations in the United States and 14 other countries.
- ACI Worldwide Inc. said it is working with Microsoft Corp. to offer ACI’s Universal Payments portfolio through Microsoft Azure, the tech giant’s cloud-computing service.
- Computer Services Inc. named Brian K. Brown as interim chief financial officer following the departure of Andras W. Bende, who is leaving for other career opportunities. Bende joined CSI in 2018. Brown is CSI’s senior vice president of finance.
- Card maker CPI Card Group Inc. announced Marc Sheinbaum, a venture capital and private-equity firm advisor, joined its board of directors.
PCI Pal, a payments provider for contact centers and other card-not-present businesses, launched PCI Pal …