- OnDeck Capital Inc. said it will combine its Canadian lending operations with Evolocity Financial Group, a Montreal-based online small-business lender. The combined entity will be branded OnDeck Canada. Terms were not disclosed.
- Mobile-payments specialist Glance Technologies Inc. announced a referral agreement for cash advances with Merchant Advance Capital L.P.
- Hackers behind a massive data breach at hotel group Marriott International Inc. left clues suggesting they were working for a Chinese government intelligence-gathering operation, according to unnamed sources cited by Reuters.
- The Canadian operation of 1-800-Flowers reported to California’s attorney general that malware on its Web site captured payment card data for four years beginning in August 2014; the number of cards compromised wasn’t disclosed.
- Co-Op Financial Services said 27.5% of credit card transactions processed by the credit-union service organization in the period from Thanksgiving to the following Monday were online, compared with 25% in 2017. Online debit card transactions increased to 16.6% of total debit card transactions from 14.8%.
- Elavon, the merchant-acquiring unit of U.S. Bancorp, announced a three-year financial commitment to support financial and payments technologies innovation at the Advanced Technology Development Center at the Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Payments provider Fattmerchant expanded its Orlando, Fla., headquarters to accommodate additional staff.
- CORRECTION: An item in our “In Other News” section on Wednesday misspelled the surname of Brad Paterson, who has been named chief operating officer of Womply. Digital Transactions News regrets the error.
Apple Inc. on Monday is expected to make several major announcements, possibly including one regarding …