- Consumer electronics maker Garmin International Inc. said Garmin Pay, based on Fit Pay Inc. technology, is now available to users of Garmin’s vivoactive 3 smart watch. Garmin Pay was announced in August. Fit Pay is a subsidiary of NXT-ID Inc.
- Automated clearing house network governing body NACHA reported that same-day ACH payments totaled 10 million in October, up 140% over August’s transaction volume of 4.1 million. The value of October’s same-day payments exceeded $9 billion. The ACH network began same-day debit debit service in September; same-day ACH credits launched a year earlier.
- Samsung SDS America Inc. and Samsung Electronics America Inc. have agreed to implement the Samsung SDS Nexsign biometric authentication solution for Thomson Reuters. The solution enables sign-on using fingerprint, voice, or facial authentication and is certified by the FIDO (Fast IDentity Online) Alliance.
- Payments company YapStone Inc. said it is investing $48 million in opening a product engineering development center in Ireland.
- Point-of-sale technology provider NCR Corp. introduced what it calls an expansion of its channel program, allowing channel partners to sell a wider array of products, including enterprise software, professional service, and maintenance and managed services, as a complement to NCR core products.
- Point-of-sale device vendor POSData Group Inc. and data-security software provider Futurex launched the VirtuCrypt Elements remote key injection service, which allows POSData to remotely load cryptographic acquirer, processor, and gateway keys into POS equipment in the field.
- Accounting firm BDO USA LLP named business-payments network Bill.com as a preferred provider, Bill.com reported.
- Steve Karp, formerly vice president of small businesses at Worldpay US, has joined payments-technology provider Fattmerchant as vice president of strategy in the Orlando, Fla.-based company’s new Atlanta office.
In its first full quarter as a public company, Repay Holdings Corp. said its card-payment …