- Galileo Financial Technologies, a 19-year-old developer of application programming interfaces for payments, announced a $77 million institutional funding round led by venture-capital firm Accel.
- Flowhub Holdings Inc., provider of a management platform for cannabis retailers, announced a Series A funding round whose participants included Iqram Magdon-Ismail, the co-founder and former CEO of Venmo, a venture fund backed by food giant Kraft Heinz, and former NBA commissioner David Stern.
- Epson America Inc. said that Noble, developer of food-and-beverage ordering software, adopted two Epson receipt printers for its in-venue customer ordering and payment service.
- Aliant Payments, which offers cryptocurrency processing for merchants, said it will pay a portion of its employees’ compensation in cryptocurrency.
- Bill-payments firm Aliaswire Inc. said it and OV Loop Inc., developer of a voice-commerce tool, are developing a large-scale bill payment-service for both companies.
- U.S. Bank announced its new eBill Service, an electronic bill-pay system for government agencies, colleges and universities, insurance companies, utilities and other industries that serve consumers and small businesses.
- American Express Co. revised its corporate card program to include such benefits as double points on Uber rides and a program for startup companies.
- Data from the 2019 Card-Linking and O2O Industry Annual Survey released by the CardLinx Association found that card linking, at 16%, is second only to social media marketing, 20%, for advertising card offers.
- BriansClub, a big underground market for stolen credit and debit cards, has been hacked, and its inventory of 26 million cards shared with banking industry security personnel, the KrebsOnSecurity news site reported. The heist may have been carried out by one of BriansClub’s long-time rivals, Krebs said.
- Interac Corp., operator of Canada’s national debit network, said Scotiabank and its direct-banking subsidiary Tangerine as well as Adyen Canada and payment processor Everlink now support the Interac Debit service for in-app and in-browser payments with Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- The Independent Community Bankers of America said its service-provider referral agreement with Jack Henry & Associates Inc.’s ProfitStars division now includes the processor’s mobile remote deposit capture service for businesses, JHA SmartPay mRDC.
- Payments-technology provider NMI appointed Matt Miller senior vice president of sales. Miller’s previous experience includes a stint at Datto, an information-technology provider.
GoCardless Ltd., a London-based company specializing in handling international recurring payments, such as subscriptions, is …