- Ahead of a major push for EMV chip card payments at fuel pumps, some 62% of U.S. adults are concerned about the security of their financial data when making payments at fuel pumps or convenience stores, according to a March survey of 1,270 adults conducted by YouGov and released Monday by payments provider ACI Worldwide.
- Citigroup Inc. reported worldwide purchase volume of $128 billion on its general-purpose and retail credit cards in the first quarter, up 5% from $121.7 billion a year earlier.
- Payment Source Inc. said Canadians can use its PaySimple service to make tax payments within TurboTax, an Intuit Inc. product.
- MoneyGram International Inc. said KyckGlobal, a payout firm for gig-economy workers, will use its services to enable cash payments.
- InstaMed, which operates a payments network for health-care providers, released its 9th annual report on trends in health-care payments. Among its results is a warning that providers will have to adjust the payment experience in light of increasing consumer responsibility for the cost of care.
- Corporate Traveller, a United Kingdom-based travel-management company, will accept Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash payments, announced BitPay, which will provide the processing services.
Varo Money Inc., a 5-year-old mobile-banking and payments startup that’s closing in on a national …