- VeriFone Systems Inc. introduced its Carbon Mobile 5, a point-of-sale device that fits in the palm of the hand and can run payment, loyalty, and inventory-management applications on the Android operating system.
- Financial Transmission Network Inc. (FTNI) said Merchants Foodservice, which FTNI says is the 12th-largest U.S. food-service distributor, will use FTNI’s ETran Integrated Receivables platform that supports various payment services.
- MetaBank, a unit of Meta Financial Group Inc., renewed for 10 years an agreement with Money Network Financial LLC, a unit of First Data Corp. The two companies have collaborated since 2005 on a variety of prepaid programs. Most notable among the Money Network programs supported by MetaBank is the Money Network Electronic Payment Delivery Service, which allows employers to pay workers electronically.
- Diebold Nixdorf introduced AllConnect Services, an ATM-management service that relies on an Internet-of-Things platform to manage ATM fleets on behalf of deployers.
- Mastercard Inc. has completed an acquisition of Oltio, a South Africa-based startup specializing in mobile-payments authentication. The valuation was not announced.
Adoption and usage rates for the mobile wallets from Apple Inc., Alphabet Inc. (Google), and …