- Processor Fidelity National Information Services Inc. (FIS) announced it has integrated IBM Corp.’s Safer Payments tool for its peer-to-peer payments products. Safer Payments relies on artificial intelligence and machine learning to sift through transactions for signs of fraud.
- Catch Hospitality Group, which operates the Catch NYC and Catch Steak restaurants, said it discovered malware on its point-of-sale hospitality system used at its bars and by staff to enter kitchen orders. The company said the malware was active at Catch NYC from March 19 through Oct. 17, and from Sept. 17 to Oct. 17 at its Catch Steak location. It did not provide an estimate of how many payment cards might be involved. Catch said the malware searched for track data. Payments made via its pay-at-the-table devices were not affected because they use point-to-point encryption, Catch said.
- Payments provider ACI Worldwide has integrated with Salesforce Commerce Cloud, which ACI said will allow clients to more quickly deploy its UP eCommerce Payments and fraud-management technology.
- Blackhawk Network Holdings Inc. released the Happy line of bundled prepaid cards anchored by themes such as dining, teen, and beauty. Each Happy Card set includes up to seven options on one theme card that consumers can use at any or all brands featured on the card. The cards can be loaded with between $20 and $500.
- Automattic Inc., the marketer of the WordPress software for building Web sites, advised more than 5 million sites with the Jetpack plug-in to install Jetpack 7.9.1 to ward off potential fraud attacks exploiting a vulnerability in earlier Jetpack versions. Automattic also announced that online payments provider Stripe Inc. will offer a recurring-payments button on WordPress sites without requiring the sites to install a full e-commerce package.
- Discover Global Network said Discover card products will gain acceptance at more than 3 million merchants in Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, and Brazil through an agreement with Cabal, a payments network in Argentina.
Departing PayPal Holdings Inc. chief operating officer Bill Ready in January will assume the role of head …