- Canadian pension-fund manager Caisse de depot et placement du Quebec and private-equity firm Novacap said they would invest in Quebec-based Pivotal Payments, valuing the merchant processor at about C$525 million ($424 million), Pivotal Payments announced.
- Processor First Data Corp. introduced its “Disburse-to-Debit” service that pushes funds across debit networks so that businesses can make real-time payments to debit cards held by temporary employees, ride-sharing drivers, insurance claimants, refund recipients, and others. The system also works through prepaid services such as First Data’s Money Network.
- GK Software launched several new features for its transaction-processing system, TransAction+. These include processing on mobile point-of-sale devices, pay-at-table functionality, and support for PINless debit.
- In an updated investor presentation, The Bancorp Inc., parent company of The Bancorp Bank, said it has issued 99 million prepaid cards.
- Total System Services Inc. (TSYS) said it signed a multi-year, multi-country deal with Scotiabank to provide issuing and acquiring processing services from its Latin American data center in Brazil.
Visa Inc. CEO Alfred Kelly told CNBC that Bitcoin currently is a “speculative commodity” and …