- The proposed acquisition of Worldpay Inc. by Fidelity National Information Services Inc. (FIS) is about to clear another hurdle, according to Reuters. The news service is reporting that European Union antitrust regulators are poised to approve the deal without conditions.
- EVO Payments Inc. said its payments services are integrated into PracticeOn’s software for health-care practices.
- 2Checkout said its Avangate Monetization Platform summer release features advanced ordering engines, improved subscription billing and management, and additional local payment methods.
- FreedomPay announced an expansion and extension of its 5-year deal with hospitality software provider Agilysys.
- Installment-payment firm Klarna said Abercrombie & Fitch will offer Klarna to U.S. and U.K. consumers later this year.
- ScanSource Inc., a supplier of point-of-sale technology for payments, barcode, and other services, announced it has acquired intY, a United Kingdom-based provider of cloud services. Terms were not announced.
- Tradeshift, which provides payments technology for supply chains and marketplaces, unveiled a product that lets managers issue virtual credit cards on demand to employees.
- Consulting firm Auriemma Group said it has an agreement to sell a controlling interest in its U.S. Roundtables consumer-finance research and business-intelligence operation to investment firm CNL Strategic Capital LLC.
- Citcon, a U.S.-based company that enables points of sale to accept major Chinese wallets like Alipay and WeChat Pay, said it has expanded operations to Europe.
- Fleet-fueling and business-to-business payments provider WEX Inc. completed its $265.5 million acquisition of EG Group’s Netherlands-based Go Fuel Card business; Go Fuel Card has approximately 200,000 proprietary cards circulating in the Netherlands, France, Belgium, and Luxembourg that are accepted at more than 5,000 locations.
- The Bancorp Inc. named Gregor Garry executive vice president and chief operating officer, succeeding Hugh McFadden, who is assuming an advisory role with the company. Garry has been serving as chief risk officer and deputy chief operating officer. A unit of the company, The Bancorp Bank, is a major issuer of prepaid cards, merchant acquirer, and automated clearing house originator.
Payment card standards body EMVCo on Thursday disclosed proposed specifications changes to accommodate the coming …