- Drury Hotels Co., which in May disclosed a data breach involving reservations made through some third-party online booking sites, now says the breach involved transactions from Dec. 28, 2017, to June 2 of this year, about two-and-a-half months longer than the originally stated timeline. Drury said “unauthorized access” occurred on the network of a service provider used by the booking sites and involved customer names, addresses, payment card numbers, expiration dates, and card-verification codes. Some transaction records also included email addresses. Drury operates more than 150 hotels in 25 states.
- Independent sales organization Rev19 LLC announced it acquired integrated-payments provider Royal Merchant Services and an ISO, ValuPlus Merchants Association. Terms of the deals were not disclosed.
- Data-security services provider ControlScan Inc. attained the QSA (P2PE) and QPA certifications that are maintained by the PCI Security Standards Council.
- Amazon.com Inc. is in talks to bring the cashierless technology that runs its Amazon Go stores to other retailers like airport shops and movie theaters, CNBC reported.
- Raymer Oil will launch self-checkout technology from NCR Corp. in all 46 of its Fast Phil’s convenience stores nationwide, NCR announced.
- The Accredited Standards Committee X9 said it is launching two new projects, including a mobile financial-services standard.
- Blockchain payments provider BitPay said it plans to provide payment processing and cross-border transfers for Ripple’s XRP digital currency.
- Sweden-based Majority, a digital financial-services provider for migrants, said it is launching its membership-based app in the United States and opening a U.S. headquarters in Houston.
- Giact Systems named David Barnhardt chief experience officer. Previously, he served as executive vice president of product for the company, a specialist in authentication technology.
- Vijay Ramnathan is joining payments-software provider MineralTree as president. Most recently, Ramnathan was head of product and strategy at Comdata Corporate Payments.
- Point-of-sale technology distributor ScanSource Inc. named John Eldh chief revenue officer. Eldh joins the company from CA Technologies.
- Financial-services firm Primerica Inc. named Sanjeev Dheer to its board of directors. Dheer formerly was a payments consultant at Apple Inc. and founder of peer-to-peer payments startup CashEdge, which was acquired by Fiserv Inc. in 2011.
Confirming rumors that the Federal Trade Commission is looking into issues involving debit card transaction …