- Point-of-sale middleware vendor Datacap Systems Inc. announced it has acquired the NETePay Hosted payment gateway from Octopi (formerly Monetary.co). Terms were not released.
- NCR Corp. acquired privately held D3 Technology Inc., a provider of online and mobile-banking applications for large financial institutions. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. A number of D3’s top executives, including CEO Mark Vipond, are veterans of payment-technology provider ACI Worldwide Inc.
- Merchant processor Global Payments Inc. is suing former senior vice president Bruce Nanton, who left Global Payments recently after 18 years to become chief operations officer at Moneris Solutions Corp., Canada’s largest payment processor, the Atlanta Business Chronicle reported. Global Payments, which has major operations in Canada, alleges in a federal complaint that Nanton violated an agreement not to work for a competitor for a year after leaving the company. Nanton could not be reached for comment.
- PCI Pal, a payments provider for contact centers, appointed Darren Gill chief revenue officer and Cesar Branco North American senior telephony architect.
- Cardlytics Inc., whose technology streamlines marketing programs based on card data, appointed Dustin Renn senior vice president of corporate development. Renn comes to the company from Greater Sum Ventures and has held positions at Equifax and Global Payments.
- Bitcoin, whose dollar value soared in recent weeks partly in response to Facebook Inc.’s announcement that it and 27 other companies would back a cryptocurrency called Libra, has swooned over the past six days. Since peaking at $12,668 on June 26, it has lost 21% of its value, dropping to $9,954 as of mid-morning Tuesday.
Three weeks after an automated slashing of the reward cryptocurrency miners collect to process Bitcoin …