- First Tech Federal Credit Union has activated the Zelle person-to-person payment service in its mobile-banking app, which has 110,000 users.
- Puerto Rico-based payment processor Evertec Inc. said it will donate $1 million for relief efforts and that it continues to process ATM and point-of-sale transactions on the island, which was devastated by Hurricane Maria.
- Transaction Network Services said it is rolling out its recently enhanced TNSLink for ATMs, a wireless management service, in Canada.
- VeriFone Systems Inc. launched two devices, a PIN pad and a countertop terminal, in its Engage family of point-of-sale technology in South Korea.
- Multi Service Technology Solutions will work with UATP, an airline-owned payment-technology company, to modernize payments between travel agencies and airlines in 24 markets.
- Web-hosting service Cloud 9 said it has started to accept Bitcoin as a payment method.
- Meta Financial Group Inc. has named Sheree Thornsberry executive vice president and head of payments. Thornsberry, who comes to Meta from Blackhawk Network, will be responsible for the bank’s prepaid, debit, correspondent, and ATM business lines.
Russia gets a bad rap because of its notorious hackers, but more U.S. e-commerce fraud …