- Total spending via contactless mobile payments in the United States will exceed $1,000 per user for the first time in 2017, reaching $1,026, according to forecasts by eMarketer. Total U.S. contactless mobile payments will hit $49.29 billion this year, up 78.1% from 2016, the firm projects.
- Fiserv Inc. completed its $89-million, cash acquisition of mobile-payments firm Monitise plc. The deal was announced in June.
- Risk-management firm Giact Systems has named Ryan Krug executive vice presient of client relations and business development. Krug comes to the company from Fidelity National Information Services Inc. (FIS).
- Apple Inc. has filed a trademark application in the European Union for its Apple Pay Cash person-to-person payment service, indicating the service may go live in Europe soon after its expected launch this fall in the United States. Apple announced the service, which works with its Message app, in June.
- BitcoinIRA.com, which offers retirement accounts funded with Bitcoin, has added the XRP digital currency as a funding option.
With rumors circulating that Amazon.com Inc. is interested in getting into banking and also preparing …