- The top four uses for peer-to-peer payments on the Zelle network are splits for rent, meals, utility bills, and gifting, according to a survey of 9,000 mobile-banking users. The results were released by Early Warning Services LLC, which operates the bank-owned Zelle service.
- Payments processor Computer Services Inc. reported a slight increase in its fiscal first-quarter revenue (quarter ended May 31) year-over-year to $64.9 million from $64.7 million. Net income was up 1.6% to $10.1 million.
- Cross-border payments specialist PPRO Group said it will provide YapStone, an online and mobile-payment provider for apartments, vacation rentals, and other markets, with dozens of alternative payment methods from around the world.
- Convenience-store operator Cumberland Farms said its SmartPay Check-Link program that enables consumers to use a Cumberland Farms app to pay for fuel using a bank account saved consumers $100 million since its January 2013 launch. The app discounts the price of fuel by 10 cents per gallon.
- The Litecoin Foundation, which supports the Litecoin digital currency, has acquired a 9.9% stake in a German bank called WEGBank as part of a deal with TokenPay Swiss AG, which had owned the stake and passed it on to the foundation in exchange for its assistance with TokenPay’s blockchain initiatives.
- Diebold Nixdorf Inc. announced it and Mastercard Inc. are working on a transactional service for the bank and retail sectors.
- Commerce software provider TrueCommerce announced the availability of an integration with Shopify, an e-commerce platform with more than 500,000 merchants.
- Canadian digital-currency trading platform provider Coinsquare Ltd. launched its Coinsquare Licensing division that will enable domestic and international businesses to offer a digital-currency trading service using Coinsquare’s technology.
Online marketplace eBay Inc. saw further growth on its new, post-PayPal managed-payments platform in the …