- Retail ATM network owner and operator Cardtronics plc said Fifth Third Bank will place its brand on more than 800 Cardtronics ATMs at Speedway LLC convenience stores in Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky.
- In related news, Indiana-based German American Bank said it has joined Cardtronics plc’s Allpoint network, giving its customers access to more than 55,000 surcharge-free ATMs.
- Coin-counting kiosk provider Coinstar LLC said Amazon.com Inc. customers can now add cash to their Amazon account balances by using the Amazon Cash service at select Coinstar kiosks.
- Square Inc. CEO Jack Dorsey, who’s also the CEO of Twitter Inc., told attendees at a cryptocurrency and blockchain conference that “the Internet deserves a native currency” and he hopes it will be Bitcoin, Bloomberg reported. Users of the Square Cash service can buy and sell Bitcoin.
- In related news, PayPal Holdings Inc.’s chief financial officer told CNBC that PayPal-accepting merchants aren’t very interested in cryptocurrencies, mainly because of the coins’ volatility.
- Processor Jack Henry & Associates Inc.’s ProfitStars unit unveiled ImageCenter Express, a cloud-based version of the company’s remote, branch-based, and other imaging services.
- Imaging-technology provider Top Image Systems Ltd. reported revenues of $29.7 million for 2017, down 6% from $31.6 million in 2016, and a net loss of $6.6 million, the same as in 2016.
- Cross-border payments provider Veem said 60,000 small businesses have used its payments network, and the company now can send money to and from 96 nations.
Apple Pay adoption show no signs of abating, with an estimated 43% of iPhone users …