- Checkbook, a provider of digital-check technology, introduced Instant Pay, a service that lets businesses push funds into consumer and corporate bank accounts using Visa Direct, Visa Inc.’s push-payments network. Checkbook’s founder is PJ Gupta, former chief network architect at Visa.
- First American Payment Systems LP said it now offers Idealpos’s software-as-a-service point-of-sale platform to U.S. merchants. Idealpos is based in Australia.
- Transactis, a technology provider for electronic bill payment, has been appointed a preferred partner by NACHA, the governing body for the automated clearing house network.
- Bento Technologies Inc. said its Bento for Business business-to-business payments platform added Visa business debit cards to its services, enabling small and mid-size businesses using the cards to control expenses prior to purchase, monitor cash flows in real time, and get access to other services.
- Consumer-finance startup Affirm Inc. raised $300 million in a Series F funding round led by Thrive Capital. Affirm will use the funds for hiring and to fund further growth. The company recently hired executives from Groupon and PayPal, and opened an office in Pittsburgh. In February, it announced a deal to bring its point-of-sale financing service to Walmart Inc. stores.
- Communications-services provider Weave Inc. rolled out its Text to Pay product for small and mid-size businesses, the first service on its Weave payment platform. The company has been testing Text to Pay since March 2018.
- Payments provider Klarna launched a global authentication platform that it says aggregates global and local authentication technologies and will allow multinational businesses to offer personalized identity verification to customers with a single integration.
- Payment-technology provider ACI Worldwide Inc. said Evry, a Norway-based information-technology and financial-software provider, is using ACI’s UP Retail Payments and UP Payments Risk Management services.
- Elavon Inc., the merchant-acquiring subsidiary of U.S. Bancorp, said it will now provide acquiring services to business customers of France-based bank Société Générale in the United Kingdom, Austria, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, and Switzerland.
- Payment Data Systems Inc., a payments-technology provider, appointed Blaise Bender to its board of directors, replacing Steve Huffman, who resigned April 1. Bender is president and managing shareholder of Blaise C. Bender PC, a law firm.
Cross-border payments firm PPRO announced its acquisition of Allpago, a payment and gateway provider in …