- BNY Mellon has become the first bank client to sign a reseller agreement with Early Warning Services’ Zelle person-to-person payment network for tokenized disbursements to consumers. Zelle indicated earlier this year it would expand into disbursements as a potential field for fee-based payment services. Zelle also announced Dollar Bank now offers Zelle to its customers.
- Chase, a unit of JPMorgan Chase & Co., launched a lock and unlock feature within the Chase app or Web site for its credit cards. The feature is expected for Chase debit cards later this year.
- RS2 Software plc, a Malta-based payment processor in Europe and Asia-Pacific, is entering the North America market and appointed a seven-member board that includes payments executives Osama Bedier, O.B. Rawls, Souheil Badran, Kai Schmitz, Radi El Haj, Mario Schembri, and John Elkins as chairman.
- Point-of-sale technologist VersiTech LLC announced improvements to its VersiPOS, VersiEats, VersiSite, and VersiGift products.
- InComm Japan, a unit of the U.S. processor InComm, has agreed to provide processing services to Ant Financial Services Group’s Alipay mobile-payments service.
- ETouchMenu, a provider of digital menu and payment services for restaurants, has teamed with CompuTant, a reseller of NCR Corp.’s Aloha software, to integrate EMV payment with loyalty programs on tableside devices, kiosks, and tablets.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch announced a second round of enhancements for 2018 to its CashPro Mobile app for business payments and treasury-management functions; BofA Merrill says CashPro Mobile’s user count grew 180% and payment approvals 392% from August 2017 to August 2018.
- Bank of America Merchant Services released its annual Small Business Payments Spotlight that found that 35% of consumers are no longer willing to tolerate lines at businesses because of the convenience of mobile checkout.
- Mercator Advisory Group released its “U.S. Mobile Payments Market Forecast, 2016-2025: Merchants Grow as Mobile Goes Mainstream.”
- The Strawhecker Group said it will release a data snapshot of the payments and acquiring industry each week in October as part of its Payments Analytics Month.
- Payments provider American Payment Solutions named Brian Nunes senior channel marketing programs executive. Nunes has more than 18 years’ experience in the software industry.
The Federal Reserve announced the 22 members of its new Fraud Definitions Work Group, another …