- BNY Mellon has become the first bank client to sign a reseller agreement with Early Warning Services’ Zelle person-to-person payment network for tokenized disbursements to consumers. Zelle indicated earlier this year it would expand into disbursements as a potential field for fee-based payment services. Zelle also announced Dollar Bank now offers Zelle to its customers.
- Chase, a unit of JPMorgan Chase & Co., launched a lock and unlock feature within the Chase app or Web site for its credit cards. The feature is expected for Chase debit cards later this year.
- RS2 Software plc, a Malta-based payment processor in Europe and Asia-Pacific, is entering the North America market and appointed a seven-member board that includes payments executives Osama Bedier, O.B. Rawls, Souheil Badran, Kai Schmitz, Radi El Haj, Mario Schembri, and John Elkins as chairman.
- Point-of-sale technologist VersiTech LLC announced improvements to its VersiPOS, VersiEats, VersiSite, and VersiGift products.
- InComm Japan, a unit of the U.S. processor InComm, has agreed to provide processing services to Ant Financial Services Group’s Alipay mobile-payments service.
- ETouchMenu, a provider of digital menu and payment services for restaurants, has teamed with CompuTant, a reseller of NCR Corp.’s Aloha software, to integrate EMV payment with loyalty programs on tableside devices, kiosks, and tablets.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch announced a second round of enhancements for 2018 to its CashPro Mobile app for business payments and treasury-management functions; BofA Merrill says CashPro Mobile’s user count grew 180% and payment approvals 392% from August 2017 to August 2018.
- Bank of America Merchant Services released its annual Small Business Payments Spotlight that found that 35% of consumers are no longer willing to tolerate lines at businesses because of the convenience of mobile checkout.
- Mercator Advisory Group released its “U.S. Mobile Payments Market Forecast, 2016-2025: Merchants Grow as Mobile Goes Mainstream.”
- The Strawhecker Group said it will release a data snapshot of the payments and acquiring industry each week in October as part of its Payments Analytics Month.
- Payments provider American Payment Solutions named Brian Nunes senior channel marketing programs executive. Nunes has more than 18 years’ experience in the software industry.
A five-year-old lawsuit brought by payday lenders against federal banking regulators over the government’s controversial …