- Cardtronics plc said its Allpoint ATM network and Visa Inc. reached an agreement to waive ATM fees for travelers visiting the United States from Southeast Asia who have a Visa travel prepaid card or debit card from certain financial institutions. Allpoint counts more than 40,000 U.S. ATMs.
- Lightspeed POS Inc., a vendor of point-of-sale software, acquired Chronogolf, a cloud provider of management software for golf courses. Terms were not announced.
- Building-materials supplier Cemex completed the global deployment of Cemex Go, an app that allows customers to pay for products, track deliveries, and manage orders.
- While news of major companies like AT&T accepting Bitcoin makes headlines, new data from Chainalysis Inc. shows only 1.3% of economic transactions with the cryptocurrency originated with merchants in the January through April period, flat with the previous two years, Bloomberg reports.
- SBI Ripple Asia launched a test in Tokyo of the Ripple cryptocurrency for in-store payments on SBI’s Money Tap app, according to Coindesk. SBI Ripple Asia is a unit of Japanese financial company SBI Holdings.
- Mobile bill-pay provider Allied Payment Network appointed Michele Rehm as director of marketing. Rehm comes to the company from Velocity Solutions LLC.
With card-based transit payments picking up steam in the United States, a key Mastercard Inc. …