- Processor First Data Corp. said it shipped its 1 millionth Clover point-of-sale sale device aimed mainly at small and mid-sized merchants; the device went to Friesen-Apotheken, a pharmacy chain based in Bad Malente, Germany.
- Payments platform BlueSnap has begun local processing for business-to-business and business-to-consumer companies in Australia.
- Buildium, a vendor of property-management services for the real-estate industry, launched Retail Cash Payments, a program that lets tenants pay rent and make other payments in cash at retail locations. The technology behind the program is provided by payments provider PayNearMe.
- A study of cross-border payments found wire transfers are by far the preferred method for companies making 2% or more of their payments internationally, even though wires are the second-most targeted payment method by fraudsters. The study, which was conducted by PayStream Advisors and sponsored by payables-automation platform Tipalti, also found growing use of global automated clearing house networks.
- Giact Systems released a white paper called “Securing Faster Payments: Protecting Your Organization and Customers from the Risks of Same Day ACH Debits.”
- Choice Hotels International Inc. launched a virtual-payment option for corporate travelers. The service enables corporate travel managers to book reservations using a centralized form of payment without having to supply each traveler with an actual card or authorization form.
The Federal Reserve announced the 22 members of its new Fraud Definitions Work Group, another …