- Thales’s proposed all-cash acquisition of rival Gemalto received merger-control regulatory clearance by the European Commission. Effective immediately, the clearance is conditioned on Thales’s agreement to divest its general-purpose hardware security modules business worldwide. The deal still must clear regulatory hurdles in five other countries, including the United States.
- Bluefin Payment Systems LLC said Blackboard Inc., an education-technology company, will provide Bluefin’s point-to-point encryption service to its clients.
- NCR Corp. completed processing the first transactions on its newly acquired JetPay platform. Urban Eatz in Richardson, Texas, ran the payments through the JetPay engine integrated with NCR’s Aloha software for restaurants.
- Certification-testing firm Ascert released the latest version of its Visa Test Driver. The utility helps companies that want to do pre-certification testing for Visa transactions.
- Xoom, the online money-transfer service owned by PayPal Holdings Inc., is now available in Canada.
- Payments provider Veem opened its small-business payments platform to Canada.
- First Data Corp. entered into an agreement with mobile-banking specialist China Citic Bank to provide merchant-acquiring services in Hong Kong, including point-of-sale terminals and e-commerce services.
- Prepaid card program manager InComm said it is working with digital-banking firm Revolut to sell Revolut’s prepaid cards at wilko, a chain of more than 400 home-and-garden stores in the United Kingdom.
Departing PayPal Holdings Inc. chief operating officer Bill Ready in January will assume the role of head …