- Departing PayPal Holdings Inc. chief operating officer Bill Ready in January will assume the role of head of commerce at Alphabet Inc.’s Google unit, TechCrunch reported. PayPal announced in June that he would leave the company at year’s end. Ready came to PayPal in 2013 as a result of the company’s $800-million acquisition of Braintree Payments Solutions LLC, a payments processor Ready had founded. That deal also brought Venmo to PayPal, as Braintree had earlier acquired the fast-growing person-to-person payment service.
- Wire-transfer provider MoneyGram International Inc. announced a three-year extension of its agreement with pharmacy chain CVS under which consumers can send or receive money at thousands of CVS locations.
- Online payments-technology provider BlueSnap Inc. announced an enhanced integration with Zuora Inc., a cloud-based subscription-management company, enabling connections to up to 30 banks globally and support for 17 payout currencies, among other features. E-commerce subscription volume is growing at a rate of more than 100% annually, according to BlueSnap, leading to other developments such as a move earlier this week by subscription-payments firm GoCardless Ltd. to increase its share of business in the U.S. market.
- Payments-technology provider VoPay said it will offer to clients working with Hydrogen, a fintech-acceleration platform, end-to-end payment-processing services, including so-called open-banking payments, which are payments by consumers to merchants directly from their bank accounts.
- Curve 1 LTD, which offers a service that combines multiple cards and accounts into a single app and card, said it is working with Garmin, Fitbit, and Sony’s Wena pay to enable wearables payments. The move follows Curve’s announcement last month of an integration with Samsung Pay.
- TrueCommerce Inc., a provider of connectivity services for trading partners, announced upgrades to its integration with Adobe Inc.’s Magento platform, including the ability to manage orders via TrueCommerce services offered with links to Magento as well as a number of business systems.
- Mambu GmbH, a provider of cloud-based banking services, said its customers can access card-processing technology through an agreement with Marqeta Inc., a provider of card-issuing technology.
- Billiards players in the United Kingdom can use their contactless cards to pay for pool-table time with the release of gaming and amusement-machine operator Diamond Leisure’s contactless-enabled pool tables.
A decline in transactions at small and mid-size businesses accelerated through March as consumers react …