- Apriva LLC, a payments provider for unattended retail, said its network will support the viv mobile-payments app from Vagabond, allowing college students to use virtual campus cards for vending-machine purchases.
- In related news, Apriva said it will support mobile payments for AveriGo LLC, a software provider for the vending and food-and-beverage industry.
- NCR Corp. revealed a point-of-sale product called Silver One that integrates payment processing with the Samsung Quantum tablet.
- CellPoint Mobile, a specialist in payments for the travel industry, said Viva Air, a Latin America-based airline, will use its services for multiple digital and mobile payment methods, starting with Apple Pay, Google Pay, MasterPass, and Visa Checkout.
- Baldwin Hackett & Meeks, a developer of payments-processing software, said it joined the American Transaction Processors Coalition, an industry group that lobbies state and federal agencies.
- Visa Inc.’s board of directors elected Visa CEO Alfred Kelly as chairman, succeeding Robert Matschullat, who will continue to serve as chair of the board’s finance committee.
Relative newcomers to the world of money transfers such as Remitly Inc., TransferWise Ltd., and …