- Payments provider Adyen N.V. said fashion retailer BrandBank will use its payments network throughout markets in Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong. BrandBank operates more than 500 stores.
- Digital River agreed to provide payments and tax and compliance services on the Salesforce AppExchange.
- PepsiCo has launched a cash-back rewards program called PepCoin, which lets consumers deposit cash rewards directly into PayPal or Venmo accounts.
- The U.S. Payments Forum announced an Oct. 8 webinar on “Contactless POS Experience Best Practices.”
- San Francisco-based Square Inc. has sued the city and county of San Francisco over a tax dispute, alleging the merchant processor is owed a more than $1 million refund, reported the San Francisco Examiner. The dispute is for gross tax receipts paid in 2014 and 2015.
- ACI Worldwide Inc., in conjunction with research firm Ovum, launched the Culture of Innovation Index, an assessment tool to identify factors contributing to innovation.
- Discover Financial Services appointed John T. Greene as its chief financial officer, succeeding R. Mark Graf, who will remain with the company as an advisor until his retirement early next year.
- Mike Kennedy, cofounder of Zelle, joined blockchain specialist Stellar as chief executive. Zelle was known as ClearXchange at its founding.
Recognizing there is no one-one-size-fits-all approach to data security, the PCI Security Standards Council continues …