- Online and point-of-sale payments provider Adyen added Interac Debit on Mobile as a payment method for Canadian merchants. The method allows merchants to accept payments through Canada’s national Interac debit network via Apple Pay or Google Pay. Adyen added that it has expanded its agreement with on-demand delivery service foodora to enable Interac Debit payments via digital wallets.
- In the absence of federal action, nine states this year have expanded or passed new data-breach notification requirements, according to the law firm Norton Rose Fulbright LLP.
- AffiniPay named Christian Fadel chief financial officer. Fadel was CFO at Hyperwallet, which PayPal Holdings Inc. acquired in 2018. AffiniPay also picked Greg Kattawar to lead its engineering team. Kattawar’s experience includes stints at several software-development firms.
- Verrency Inc., which works with financial institutions to market their card programs and raise cardholder spending, appointed Shezan Amiji to its global advisory board. Amiji cofounded Beam Wallet, a payments and rewards app.
- Allied Payment Network, a specialist in online and mobile bill-pay services for financial institutions, hired Adam Bischoff as product manager and Harold Smith as software engineer. Bischoff joins the company from Discover Global Network. Smith joins from QuEST Global.
- PayFacto, a specialist in technology for credit and debit card processing, appointed Frederic Gascon to the newly created position of chief operating officer. Gascon comes to the company from McKinsey & Co.
- Amazon.com Inc. said members of its Amazon Prime loyalty program who use Amazon Pay from July 1 through Prime Day (July 15 and 16) and shop at dozens of online retailers, including Vineyard Vines, Lulu and Georgia, Glasses USA, and Lunya, among others, can earn an Amazon gift card with a purchase.
Merchant processor Priority Technology Holdings Inc. posted an 11% increase in payment volume in the …