- Payment processor Worldpay Inc. said pro-forma net revenues in its Technology Solutions e-commerce segment grew 17% year-over-year to $420 million while pro-forma revenues in its Merchant Solutions segment rose 4% to $506 million. Pro-forma revenues in the Issuer Solutions segment increased 4% to $91 million. Worldpay also promoted Mark Heimbouch to president. Heimbouch will retain the chief operating officer position.
- ACI Worldwide Inc., a payments-technology and real-time payments provider, reported $245.5 million in revenue for the quarter ended Sept. 30, up 11% over the year-ago quarter, with $28.4 million in operating income, up 148%.
- House Advantage LLC said its eTouchMenu unit will integrate point-of-sale technology from SkyWire, a provider to the hospitality industry.
- Prepaid card program manager InComm announced it is working with Xsolla, a resource for game developers, to access InComm’s cash-based payment platform, Vanilla DirectPay. The fist deployment is with GameStop, a videogame retailer with 3,800 U.S. stores.
- Gateway provider USAePay said it received certification from Electronic Payment Exchange, a processing platform owned by North American Bancard Holdings.
- Blockchain specialist HashCash Consultants introduced a white-label Bitcoin-processing service for e-commerce. It includes a “pay now” button and code to integrate the service into some shopping-cart software.
- American Express Co. launched a new, $295-per-year business gold card made of metal and offering four times the rewards points in the two categories where the business spends the most in a billing cycle.
- Infineon Technologies AG and Next Biometrics announced they developed a reference design for a smart payment card with an integrated fingerprint sensor.
- In the inaugural Citizens Point of Sale Survey, Citizens Bank found that 76% of U.S. consumers are more likely to make a retail purchase if a payment plan is provided.
The proposed merger of Fiserv Inc. and mega-processor First Data Corp. has huge implications for …